Did you mean: 

Help with Lookup Tables to Specify Visibility States

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
jordanmoss1995
192 Views, 2 Replies

Help with Lookup Tables to Specify Visibility States

Hi I work for a steel window company and I'm working on a block that uses the 'Bridge' Lookup parameter method by @Libbya for setting the amount of glazing bars in a window vertical and horizontal everything seems to work as it should however I cannot select just vertical or horizontal glazing despite having visibility states for these options the block only updates when both options have been selected I'm stuck at this point and cant find a solution any help would be greatly appreciated 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hwalker
in reply to: jordanmoss1995

@jordanmoss1995 If you're using a double lookup, never attempt to use a distance which has decimal places as you might not have enough info

eg. you might put the distance as 1800.256 but AutoCAD will see 1800.25587246

I've deleted those dimensions from your H and V and added a dimension of 1800 to both. I've also changed the lengths of both of them as well and changed your lookups so they have the correct number. You almost had it apart from those damn decimal places.

See the attached drawing

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 3

perfect thank you for the help I was stuck for 2 days trying all sorts to get it to work as intended now you've mention it I've had a similar issue with decimals in auto cad before 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report