Did you mean: 

Help with centering text

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
marymAGTL5
364 Views, 2 Replies

Help with centering text

I may have taken the long way to get this block dynamic. I'm willing to take any advice on how to make this easier to use. 

So, I need it to stretch to the right, keep the word drywall centered (which it is), array the red verticals (which they do), have the open box & hooks to stay evenly spaced when stretched (which they are). I'm having trouble getting the text "open" to stay centered within the boxes. I'm not all that familiar with constraints so I don't know if they would be the way to go or another option. 

Any help is appreciated. 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Libbya
in reply to: marymAGTL5

No need for constraints - adding any would be more likely to cause problems than it would be to fix anything.  Do the same as you did with the other objects you are moving/stretching.  Add a move(or stretch) action and adjust the distance multiplier appropriately in block editor so that the text objects are move the appropriate amount to stay centered.  See screencast.  

Message 3 of 3
marymAGTL5
in reply to: Libbya

Thank you so much!! I was having trouble with the multiplier (never been good with fractions) - how you showed it to figure it out was brilliant! will not forget that trick. I've made the adjustments to my block and it works perfectly now. Much appreciated the quick response too. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta