Did you mean: 

Editing a block without changing the original

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
lveuleman
249 Views, 4 Replies

Editing a block without changing the original

I have created an annotative Detail Title block so that when I name details, the title is the same size on all sheets no matter the scale. I have attached a picture of what it looks like. My issue is that I obviously need to edit the text and stretch the baselines depending on how long the title is.

Is there a way to edit this block so that it doesn't change everywhere the block is inserted? I would prefer for it to stay a block and not have to explode it. It won't be the end of the world if the only solution is to explode, I just have to make sure the proper scale is active on the block before exploding. Though, it will be a pain if the viewport scale needs to change for whatever reason.  

I am aware that I could just put the titles in Paper Space for them to all be the same size, but since I am utilizing annotative styles for everything else, I would like for it to stay in Model Space

Detail Title Block.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: lveuleman

You need two blocks: one that changes and one that does not.
or that Paperspace thing always works with the one single block 🙂
Message 3 of 5
lveuleman
in reply to: pendean

How would the two blocks work? Does that mean create a block for every detail title in order to preserve the original?
Message 4 of 5
lveuleman
in reply to: pendean

Ignore my first reply. I figured out how to edit the text of a block without changing the original via Attributes.

I just need to know how to stretch the two green lines to accommodate the title length without changing the length of the original lines/prevent it from updating everywhere.

Message 5 of 5
MMcCall402
in reply to: lveuleman

Add a linear parameter and a stretch action to lengthen the lines.

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost