Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic slope in profile

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
aaron_woutersA6A4S
182 Views, 1 Reply

Dynamic slope in profile

I want to create a dynamic block for generating a profile view. I am struggling with incorporating a slope into my profile view. Currently, I have enabled stretching for the block. I've been considering adding a rotation action so that users can specify the slope amount and have it rotate around the midpoint of the profile. However, I'm having trouble figuring out how to implement it. I've managed to create the rotation action, but I'm unable to maintain independence between the left and right sides. I need to be able to apply a slope to both the left and right sides.

I thought about splitting the left and right sides, but then I would always have a visible line in the middle. However, it would allow me to rotate the left and right sides independently. Another idea was to draw lines on both the left and right sides and connect them to the rotation action. This works, but now I need to find a way to connect the lines to the top of my polyline so that rotating 'the line on the left' also rotates the entire left side of my profile.

I am new to dynamic blocks, but I am learning as I go. Can someone help me with this?

polyline so that if i rotate "the line on the left" it would also rotate the hole left side of my profile.

I'am new to the dynamic blocks but I'am figureing it out along the way. Can someone help me with this? I have also put a picture of how the finale profile should look like. Its the way that we do thing in our company. But first i need to fix this problem before adding the rest to the dynamic block

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

aaron_woutersA6A4S_0-1711102740510.png

This is what i have so far 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report