Did you mean: 

Dynamic parameters not appearing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
j_winkleman
404 Views, 3 Replies

Dynamic parameters not appearing

Having issues with dynamic blocks.  I have listed the steps I followed to try and remedy the issue.  I have attached a new drawing with the blocks in question, and then the individual blocks from the block folder.  In the comment section, I will attached a couple screenshots.  These are just a couple examples, I have other blocks doing the same thing, but others that behave as they should.  

- AutoCad 2024

- Used wblock to form a new block.

- Edited block and set parameters.

- Put the blocks into Palettes.

- When inserting into an existing drawing, there are no grips.  Using block editor, the parameters are gone.

- When inserting into a new drawing, just the blocks, they work.

- Tried copy from the new drawing to an existing drawing, still doesn't work.

- Tried to explode, just end up with the lines (no longer a block).

- Tried saving the block to a new folder and renaming it, nothing.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
j_winkleman
in reply to: j_winkleman

As mentioned above, a couple screenshots.  Thanks!

Message 3 of 4
TomHia
in reply to: j_winkleman

Hi,

supplied Hv2.dwg and Gv2.dwg are just pure geometry - lines. If you just _wb this geometry and then insert it into a drawing the outcome is the same as in the screenshots you provided.

Are you sure you've _wb the correct blocks instead of a group or pure geometry? You have a few similar blocks/versions in the main DWG. 

How do you insert those blocks into the existing drawings?

In the BLOCKS.DWG file there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with "LAND PAN Gv2" and LAND PAN Hv2". 

Try another way - in your main drawing:

1. Draw the geometry

2. Select the geometry you want to create a block from and type "b". Just plain "b".

3. You'll see a dialog box for block creation. Type in the name for the block, select "Convert to block". You can pick the insertion point or just accept "ok".

4. Make the block dynamic, add parameters, actions and save the block. You'll go back to the drawing.

5. Make sure the block has been saved, is dynamic and behaves as you expected.

6. Now there are 2 ways:

a) you can _wb this block and save it somewhere as you did

b) you can keep the block in the main drawing and insert it directly into other drawings using the "Design Center".

Just open a different drawing, type "dc" -> enter and in the dialog box browse to the main drawing, choose "Blocks" and select the one you've created. 

Things should work. 

Message 4 of 4
j_winkleman
in reply to: TomHia

Created the blocks by using "b", setting the parameters, and then using the "wb" worked; just have to explode the block once inserted into the drawing. Never had to do it that way before. Have other dynamic blocks that work fine, just started having issues last week. Thank you for the help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report