problem with flipping dynamic block

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
r0879376
247 Views, 3 Replies

problem with flipping dynamic block

hello,

I made a door block and it works perfectly. But when i flip the block, all of the stretches won't work anymore.

I will post the family below and some sceenrecords/shots.

I would appreciate the help.

Labels (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hwalker
in reply to: r0879376

You need to add Distance1 to Flip2 and Flip3

You need to add Distance2 to Flip3

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 4
r0879376
in reply to: hwalker

No this doesn't work.

try to use the block and flip it over, then you see its doesn't behave it has to.

Message 4 of 4
MMcCall402
in reply to: r0879376

OK, first lets simplify the block a little and then fix some actions.

1) Delete Distance 2 along with its scale action and the delete Stretch 2 action from the Deurblad parameter. 

2) Remove both flip parameters from stretch actions 1 and 3.

3) Add a scale action to the Deurblad parameter ad choose the door and its arc in the selection set.  In the properties of the scale action set it's Base Type to be Independent.  Move its action location to the other side of the wall and include this action in Stretch 1.  This adds the scaling back but does it without the need for an additional chained parameter and also takes care of the stretch 2 action that wasn't really needed.

4) Add a move action to Distance 1, select the parameters for Flip 2 and 3.  In the properties of the Move action set its distance multiplier to 0.5.  This will keep the flip action in the middle of the wall.

5) Add a move action to Deurblad, select the parameters for Flip 2 and 3.  In the properties of the move action set the distance multiplier to 0.5.  This will keep the flip actions in the middle of the door opening.

6) Flip 2 - set its selection to flip everything except Flip 3 and its parameter.

7) Flip 3 - set its selection to flip everything except Flip 2 and its parameter.

Revised block attached.

MMcCall402_0-1710788629982.png

Mark Mccall 
CAD Mangler

Hammer Land Engineering

Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost