Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Blocks Showcase: Share Your Favorite Dynamic Blocks

260 REPLIES 260
Message 1 of 261
Victoria.Studley
77203 Views, 260 Replies

Dynamic Blocks Showcase: Share Your Favorite Dynamic Blocks

Dynamic Blocks Showcase: share your favorite dynamic blocks and show us how you made them!

As a follow up to our latest dynamic blocks webinar, we'll post our favorite dynamic blocks here with Screencasts to illustrate how we created them.

Please join the conversation: share your own blocks or get some inspiration from your fellow community members. Let us know how you save time in your designs by using dynamic blocks!

If you're interested in watching our Dynamic Blocks webinars, or signing up for future AutoCAD webinars, check out these links:

Victoria Studley
Content Experience Designer - Fusion 360
Fusion 360 | Learn & Support
Documentation | Contact Support
260 REPLIES 260
Message 21 of 261

No problem Ryan,

Here is a 2013 format dwg which you can open in 2017.  Just let me know if you are struggling to open it for any reason.

regards

Chris Mackay

www.opticad.co.uk

Message 22 of 261
gmorsy35
in reply to: Victoria.Studley

hi all kindly check my Drawing for learn more about Dynamic Blocks .

Message 23 of 261
Anonymous

I made these because engineers always change their minds on how much rebar they want...

One block is spacing based and one is count base.

Dimensional constraint based.

Array is sneakily attached to the rebar in order to get it all to work.

footing.png

Thanks.

Message 24 of 261
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I made this one from the AISC Shapes Database 14.1 I think.

I copied the data into a block table so if the database changes all I have to do is copy/paste and my steel beam sizes are dimensionally correct.

Dimensional constraint based block.

steel.png

---Please use at your own risk and verify all sizes---

Thanks.

Message 25 of 261
ryan-lehtonen

I like how you used all the dimensional constraints.  Where is the "rebar_top_clear" expression referenced and  how is the count based array setup?  Thank you for sharing.

Lehtonen
Message 26 of 261
ryan-lehtonen

Disregard the last post...  I'm now trying to figure out how you passed the "Rebar_Top_Spacing" parameter etc..  to the array command?

Lehtonen
Message 27 of 261
ryan-lehtonen

Oh.  wow..... That was fun...   It's an expression attached to the array.....   Dude you changed the way I am going to make some of my blocks forever....  Thank you...    If you can expand on how you did the expression it would be a great help..  🙂

Lehtonen
Message 28 of 261
ryan-lehtonen

Thanks again for your post...  I wish we could delete previous posts.   I understand now that I can type the expression in the array items field.    It really has changed many of my blocks.  

Ryan

Lehtonen
Message 29 of 261
Anonymous

Glad you enjoyed it. I would've responded but I was out of town looking at Christmas lights. It was fun to see each of your posts of discovery though!
Message 30 of 261

3 blocks:

1: This is a well used block. Not mine, and no idea where it came from! Steel Members (RHS, SHS, CHS, UB, UC etc.)

2: The second block is a fairly new addition, it is for a 150mm SFS wall build up (plan section & elevation) which includes for either 20mm movement joint or not. Trying to explain is difficult, as most of the time I forget how I did it!

3: Self drilling screws - This uses visibility for the head type, and an array to create the thread. The thread is only indicative, but it simplifies my drawings somewhat!

Message 31 of 261
Anonymous

Wooow had always wondered if a stretch that stayed proportional was possible.

Attached are an existing and proposed window both a double opening casement and a set of 3 blocks that work together to give a variet of windows with glazing bars, mixture of heads and cills.

The idea of the existing window was so that when surveying an existing property windows could be made correct on the elevations whilst staying in proportion without the need for redrawing at all.

Thanks

Message 32 of 261
neaton
in reply to: ChrisMackayOpticad

Nice block, @ChrisMackayOpticad. Do you have problems with the wipeouts printing correctly: solid black or gray instead of white?

Nancy

Message 33 of 261

No. Never had an issue like that @neaton. Always prints out white Ok! Glad you liked the block.
Message 34 of 261
Anonymous
in reply to: scottspeig

This link isn't working

Thank you for fixing it
Message 35 of 261
hencoop

Plan/Section/Detail/Elevation Call-out Bubble = ViewBubble.dwg

Plan/Section/Detail/Elevation Label = ViewLabel.dwg

I use these in conjunction with my Sheet Sets:

ViewBubble & ViewLabel.jpg

How did I make?  I'll try to put that together in a video; however, it took me some time to build these and it will take some time to produce a video of the reproduction.  They have been "improved" (modified) over time to arrive at what I have posted here.

The visibility options should give users a clue as to how they were built in the mean time.

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024
Message 36 of 261

Nice blocks hencoop,

Here is a quick video of my Section Line block.  It isn't designed for use with the sheet set manager, but there might be a couple of features you could integrate into your version.  Namely;

• Double headed
  • The section-head text always maintains the correct orientation
  • 'circular' wipeouts to obscure objects underneath the section heads for clarity

The 'double viz parameter' works quite well for mine too but wouldn't be so important for yours.

Good job anyway hencoop.  I might try to make some sheet set specific section line blocks after seeing yours.

Chris

Message 37 of 261

Nice!

I could need a double head section cut at some point if the tail I use is too far from the single head.  The placeholders for the Sheet Set data can be edited and replaced with static text.

I don't want static fill-ins available by selection as part of the dynamic block in our office because I don't want to encourage users NOT to use Views and the Sheet Set naming/numbering controls.  Managing call-out bubbles  within Sheet Sets saves me so much time.  It virtually eliminate any need to review and coordinate bubble fill-ins with the Plans/Sections/Details/Elevations/etc. that they refer to.

AutoCAD User since 1989. Civil Engineering Professional since 1983
Product Ver.: 13.6.1781.0 Civil 3D 2024.3 Update
Built On:        U.152.0.0 AutoCAD 2024.1.2
                        27.0.37.14 Autodesk AutoCAD Map 3D 2024.0.1
                        8.6.52.0 AutoCAD Architecture 2024
Message 38 of 261

Cool.

Well a move parameter with chain actions will be usefull if you want to create a double headed section line but keep your text the right way up.

Here is another screen grab of a circular callout block that works pretty well too.  It has a single grip (polar parameter) that controls just about everything. ie circle radius, text position.  The fancy bit is how it automatically flips depending on what side (left or right) of the circular callout you want to place the text.  Again... i'm thinking i might do some sheet set versions of this too.

Chris

Message 39 of 261

Yet another dynamic door

-Tim C.

Tags (1)
Message 40 of 261
Anonymous

This is a dynamic block that I created for reflected ceiling plans. It is an exit sign symbol with 4 visibility look ups and 2 rotation parameters. Programming the double lookup took a while in this case considering there are 40 possible visibility combinations. It may need a little bit more work to get perfect and I am grateful for the help I got from the community here in order to get it to work. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost