Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic blocks and Multileaders?

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Light_Guy
5780 Views, 17 Replies

Dynamic blocks and Multileaders?

Any chance that we will be able to use dynamic blocks with Multileaders? I hate having to create a seperate style for every variety of a block I am attaching to the mleader.

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Charles_Shade
in reply to: Light_Guy

Message 3 of 18
Light_Guy

With 2009 and 2010, yes. We do not have 2011 as of yet. The block blows in with the leader but its dynamic capabilities are not there.

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 4 of 18
Charles_Shade

Can you post it?

And a quick question: Are X,Y, and Z the same?

Message 5 of 18
Light_Guy

z is not a factor as we are pretty much all 2D. The block we were working with was a part bubble with exterior text attributes in various locations (Top, Bottom, Left, Right). The locations depended on where the leader was being located. So now I have 4 blocks, 1 for each text location, attached to 4 different mleader styles. Since it was not working we quit playing with it and blew it away.

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 6 of 18
Charles_Shade

...and can you post it?

A challenge can be fun...

Message 7 of 18
Light_Guy

I will have to re-create the block and try to get it posted tomorrow.

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 8 of 18
Light_Guy

This is the block we are wanting to attach to a multileader while still keeping the full dynamic functionality of the block.

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 9 of 18
Charles_Shade

I am now enlightened as to the problem and will have to say...

I'd like to thank the academy and all those names that I can't remember because I'm so verclempt (sp.)

Could this be a good start? I did find the solution here:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Dynamic-Blocks/Leader-Arrowheads/m-p/2117003/highlight/true#M6674

PolarStretch stretches the line at the landing and rotates the arrowhead ( a pline with a fat end)

PolarStretch1 stretches the arrowhead and line but does not rotate either

(Not sure exactly why this works but what the hey)

Emulates a MLeader pretty well. I've not tried to include each of your Vis States in the Polar Actions.

Message 10 of 18
Light_Guy
in reply to: Charles_Shade

I can see how that would work for my bubble portion but then I lose the multileader functionality (being able to group, align, etc,..)

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 11 of 18
Charles_Shade

Rats - felt so close then to have the rug yanked out from under. I'll never work in this town again!

I read in a couple other Forums that you are asking the impossible, for the time being. Hopefully this will be coming along in future releases. Seems a lot of people want it.

Message 12 of 18
Light_Guy
in reply to: Charles_Shade

Sounds like its time for the AUGI wish list then! Thank you for taking a look at it though!

Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 13 of 18
ArchD

I feel your pain.

I wish that multileaders in dynamic blocks would function like they do outside of a block. I know you can attach a block for the leaders content, but sometimes, what you want to do won't allow that.

I attached an example of what I'm talking about. In the example, the leader automatically calls out northing and easting locations.

It's buggy to say the least. I'm not even allowed to insert this block in from the tool palette because it contains a field in Multi Line Text that is being moved from a parameter. To make it work, I have to insert it from the lisp SuperClip.

This block might give you an idea on how to make yours work though. Hope it helps.

Archie Dodge
Applications Expert - Infrastructure Solutions Division
IMAGINiT Technologies
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous

since we are on the subject of Dynamic Blocks and multileades, is it possible to create a visibility state dynamic multileader block, with different options to choose from? i want to be able to see what original naming convention i had and what the new name has changed to without having to revert back to drawings with the old naming system.

Elton

Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Was this ever resolved? I know it is an older post, but trying to see if Visibility states for blocks inserted as block content in Mleaders is now a feature.

Message 16 of 18
Light_Guy
in reply to: Anonymous

No, as a matter of fact it made the AUGI top 10 wish list this year.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Paul Hamor
"Always good ships!"
Message 17 of 18
mjfarrell

looks like is still isn't an option 1/25/2022

Message 18 of 18
miah_mcbride
in reply to: mjfarrell

Here we are, 14 years later, and It still doesn't work. I'd love to be able to have a Dynamic Block with a multileader, so that you can use the multileader align command and annotate quickly with the option to align everything quickly.  Yes.  You can add a leader to the block, but its so cludgy and the align tools don't work...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta