Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
1miguel
375 Views, 6 Replies

Dynamic Block

example.jpegIs it possible to create a dynamic block that is a circle filled with a hatch or gradient. That gradient can be stretched around the center of the circle and manipulated to show various angle degrees? i.e, the hatch/gradient can be set to show a 5 degree angle, 45 degree angle all the way up to 359? I've been messing around with it but have had no luck. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
PaulMunford
in reply to: 1miguel

Sure. You might be better off using parametric constraints for this task

Autodesk Marketing Manager D&M
Opinions are my own and may not reflect those of my company.
Linkedin Twitter Instagram Facebook Pinterest

Message 3 of 7
steven-g
in reply to: 1miguel

Use 2 lines to enclose the hatch, and make the hatch associative, then you only need rotate one of the lines (both if you want to get adventurous - though you might have to watch that they don't cross over). See the attached block.

Message 4 of 7
Libbya
in reply to: steven-g

When you create an associative hatch, the center point of the hatch as drawn in block editor determines the location of the hatch.  If you stretch/rotate/move the associative hatch boundary so that it is on the 'other' side of the associative hatch center point (as drawn in block editor) the hatch will move to outside the hatch boundary and sometimes lose associativity.  It you stretch/rotate/move the boundary so that there is no area to the hatch, it will lose associativity - in this case it occurs if you rotate the line to 0 degrees offset from the other line.  Because of this, it is wise to place a minimum on the angle and draw the hatch in block editor so that it is that minimum size.    

Message 5 of 7
1miguel
in reply to: steven-g

Thanks, this is what i was trying to accomplish.

Message 6 of 7
1miguel
in reply to: Libbya

I will keep this in mind, thank you.

Message 7 of 7
wispoxy
in reply to: Libbya

I've seen a video of this but it was done with leaders (no arrow head) and (defpoint) arrays per 10 degrees. The only problem she had was trying to keep it at 0 degrees, but was able to keep a hold at 360. YouTube might've taken it down though because of a music copyright issue or other. It hurts to see interesting videos go down. Smiley Indifferent

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report