9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
jozef.kovac22
876 Views, 9 Replies

Dynamic block won't stretch properly after it's flipped

hi guys 

The dynamic block won't stretch properly after it's flipped 

I created a door and I added to door wing stretch with  offset (properties/overrides/offset) angle 90 degrees all work fine till I added flip (I selected all visible objects) but after flipping 90-degree stretch is reversed (instead of shortening it is stretching and opposite)

please can you explain to me what I need to do exactly, to make it correct? 

Thank you very much 

ps: I saw some video but is impossible to switch on voice and he started moving some yellow lightenings but I can't see them and I do not know how to switch them on. 

I read 3 another similar topic but I'm not that level to understand what to do from the sentence'' you need select 90° in flip selection'' when I selecting all for me a visible object 

one more thanks for the answers 

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Libbya
in reply to: jozef.kovac22

Your jpg isn't useful.  Post the block.  

If you are referring to a video of mine, none of them ever have any sound.  Sound is not needed as it already shows all keyboard commands and mouse movements.  It might be helpful to make it full screen, play at 1/2 speed and pause often if necessary.

The lightning bolt display of actions is when the system variable BACTIONBARMODE = 0.  It allows you to add actions to the selection sets of other actions.  Useful at times, but can also cause issues if a user does not understand the effects, so it is set to 1 by default.  

Message 3 of 10
jozef.kovac22
in reply to: Libbya

great, it is working now 😄 😄 😄 
thank you for ''The lightning bolt display of actions is when the system variable BACTIONBARMODE = 0 It allows you to add actions to the selection sets of other actions''

regarding the rest of your message.
I recommend yo you put to google ''How to drop your ego'' and read multiple articles.
Message 4 of 10

SOLUTION:

1. open block editor 

2. type:   ''BACTIONBARMODE'' and set to ''0''  (it change the look of action icons to a lightning bolt. )

for flip continue:

3. set flip parameter

4. set flip action 

5. select all actions (yeow lightning bolt now) and object what you want to flip

6. job done alternatively set BACTIONBARMODE to 1 again 

note:

the problem seems to be in the selection of icons in the mode BACTIONBARMODE = 1 (classic action icons look)
so the solution is to simply change BACTIONBARMODE to 0 and do the thing in the usual way.
set '' parameter flip '', set '' action flip '' and select all actions (yeow lightning boult) and object to what you want to flip. Job done

Message 5 of 10
Libbya

@jozef.kovac22 wrote:
regarding the rest of your message.
I recommend yo you put to google ''How to drop your ego'' and read multiple articles.

Wow.  No good deed goes unpunished.  I said nothing in my post other than straightforward attempts to help you and you come back with unprovoked personal attack.  I will never attempt to help you again.  IMO, you should take your own advice. 

Message 6 of 10
jozef.kovac22

- immediately you take it as a personal attack 

- you are easily offended

- striving for importance (I will never help you again) 

- and you try to make fun of me (as show last sentence)

I study psychology as a second uni because it's my hobby and as I mention you should work on your ego. 

It is and was just advice not to attack.

I know one of the main rules is: do not tell the subject where he has a deficit, because he will immediately start defending or attacking, let him discover it by himself. 

I did it that way because simply I do not have time for you.

This is purely just information because if we collect a lot of indicators in our life it will strengthen our behaviour or we start looking for a change. 

Message 7 of 10
Libbya

@jozef.kovac22 wrote:

- immediately you take it as a personal attack 

- you are easily offended

- striving for importance (I will never help you again) 

- and you try to make fun of me (as show last sentence)

I study psychology as a second uni because it's my hobby and as I mention you should work on your ego. 

It is and was just advice not to attack.

I know one of the main rules is: do not tell the subject where he has a deficit, because he will immediately start defending or attacking, let him discover it by himself. 

I did it that way because simply I do not have time for you.

This is purely just information because if we collect a lot of indicators in our life it will strengthen our behaviour or we start looking for a change. 

-Any thinking person would take it as a personal attack.

-No, I'm actually not easily offended.

-I am not striving for importance.  I am exactly as important as I am.  

-Strange how the same 'advice' that you gave to me, you construe as a personal attack when I offer it to you in return!  

Each of those points apply more to you than they do to me.  You and your armchair psychology are just using blatant displacement (and hypocrisy) to shelter your own fragile ego, lack of true self-esteem, and your own great fear of your own lack of importance.  The fact that you come back here and waste even more of your time in another attempt at jabbing at me completely puts the lie to your pretense that 'you don't have time' and that your comment 'I recommend yo you put to google ''How to drop your ego'' and read multiple articles' was any sort of attempt to help me (absurd!) rather than the blatant (and pathetic) attempt at abuse that it truly was.  Get a life!

Message 8 of 10
Libbya

I had one other pertinent question for you.  When I look back at my initial post in this thread and reread it, it strikes me as a completely non-ego based post.  Each statement is unemotional, indifferent, and purely helpful.  

What about that initial post inspired you to attempt to analyze me psychologically and come to the conclusion that I could benefit from the advise to 'drop my ego'? 

In doing that same analysis for you, I come to the conclusion that the most likely inspiration for that advise was that your own fragile ego was bruised in some deluded manner by my most indifferent and helpful post and consequently felt the need to lash out.  Take your own advise and drop that ego!

Message 9 of 10

"I study psychology as a second uni because it's my hobby"

You should probably keep it as a hobby, or perhaps just give it up completely. What the hell man...

Message 10 of 10

Thank you for this! I was looking around for the same solution and came across this thread.
Incidentally I also found another thread regarding dynamic blocks where you also gave a great answer.
So thanks! And pay no attention to that hobby psychologist.

Edit: Whoops, replied to @Libbya of course.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost