Did you mean: 

Dynamic block with minimal edge distance

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
geraldbossink
156 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic block with minimal edge distance

Working with AutoCAD 2023:

I know I can solve these problems using multiple visibility states, but since this block will already have multiple vis states I'd rather solve them differently. I then stumble into two problems.

The block attached is a simplified version of the block I want to build. It needs to strectch in width and hight, where the motor (green part of the block) stays in the middle of the width. So far I get it. But then...

Problem 1: The height of the block can be anything betwee 500 and 2000 mm. When the height of the block exceeds 1400 mm, a double line should show in the middle of the height (including the dimensions 744-50-744), as displayed on the right. When height is between 500 and 1400 these shouldn't be there. I thought of some kind of array-function, but since the row of an array can't be dynamic that's a dead end. Other option is to create two vis states (500-1400 and 1400-2000), but like I said, the block would become too complex, since this motor is one of many.

Problem 2: I can stretch the width of the block to a max of 1200 mm. The axis of the motor (isn't in the middle of the motor!) stays in the middle of the framework. When I stretch the block to the left, the moment dimension A hits 25 mm (frame width 887 mm) the motor shoud stay in that position and dimension B should decrease further to 25 mm. The minimum width of the frame then would be 800 mm, and both dimension A en B would be 25 mm (as shown left).

I wonder if this is possible.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Libbya
in reply to: geraldbossink

Here's a solution to Problem 1.  See screencast.  Let me know if you have questions.

Message 3 of 3

@Libbya: I copied the workflow step by step to my original block, and it works!!! Thanks for that. The different settings gave a bit of stress, but I managed to do the trick. And I definitely have to look into those lookuptables!

Only thing is: when I stretch the block from <1400 to >1400, the moment I reach 1400, the double line appears and moves with half the distance of the stretch action. So that works. But when I stretch the block again, the double line stays in place, not moving with the stretch-command. Resetting the block does the trick, but it seems a bit strange. Is there a solution for this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report