Did you mean: 

Dynamic block will insert with "insert" command but not from a palette

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
467 Views, 1 Reply

Dynamic block will insert with "insert" command but not from a palette

I have created a dynamic block for flanged and flued expansion joints. The block will insert just fine using the "insert" command, but when I try and insert it from a palette I get the following error: duplicate definition of block Layers and Dim Styles ignored."  The block has multiple visible states for expansion joints of different thicknesses (the knuckle radii are dependent on material thickness).  When I open the block drawing by itself and perform a purge command, under blocks the only thing that shows up is _ClosedBlank which I think is an arrow head type.  The only arrow heads are on the vertical constraint and radius parameters which I don't think I can explode.  Does anyone know of a workaround? It would be so much faster and more convenient to be able to insert this block from my palette. 

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

OK, I solved the problem by doing what I thought I couldn't do - but in a different way.  I didn't explode the arrow heads, I merely purged the _ClosedBlank block using the purge command and just selecting that block. Of course first I copied my dynamic block and tried it on the copy.  Anyway, now it works fine, drags and drops onto my drawing from my custom palette where I have all my big dynamic and parametric blocks for drawing heat exchangers and pressure vessels.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta