Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic Blocks can be edit in the tool palette?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
joe-2020
244 Views, 1 Reply

Dynamic Blocks can be edit in the tool palette?

My question is: Is it possible to edit AutoCAD's default 'Dynamic Blocks' from the Tool Palette, in the Block Editor and then save them?

When I try to save the edited dynamic blocks under a new name and insert the 'new' edited block in the tool palette, it won't update.

AutoCAD seems to be preventing me from editing and saving default blocks. A message says that the drawing is 'File Protected'.

Is there a way around this?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
vinodkl
in reply to: joe-2020

Hi,

Check if your tool palette is write protected. You will be able to see a lock symbol at the end of the tool palette saying its "write protected". You won't be able to modify or add new symbols to the tool palette in such case.

image.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta