Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block - ROTATE vs STRETCH

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Colin-Pearson
229 Views, 4 Replies

Dynamic Block - ROTATE vs STRETCH

So this keeps coming up and I feel like it's simple but I just can't wrap my head around it.  Attached is a block I'm building up. I'm working on all my movement Actions like Stretch and Rotate, then I've  got some other work with a Double Lookup to simulate a multi-Viz Parameter (thanks @Libbya!)

My problem is with the right top side Rotate.  I want to limit the movement of the object in the selection set from 90° - 135° (assuming 0° is to the right and + is CCW).  It works fine as-is, and also work fine if I stretch the block longer.  However, if I drag the Stretch Grip to the left, then when I try to use the Rotate Grip on the top/right object, the range of travel is flipped or mirrored somehow.

Any thoughts would be GREATLY appreciated, this has been making me crazy.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: Colin-Pearson

Remove the rotate parameter(s) from the stretch action's selection set.  Add a move action, associate it with the same parameter and end point as the stretch action.  Add the rotate parameter(s) to the move action's selection set.   

Message 3 of 5

That's exactly what I needed.  What clued you in to doing that so quickly?  To me, using a stretch to move all that stuff seemed reasonable, so it didn't occur to me to move the geometry with the Stretch Action and move the Parameters with the Move Action.  Thank you very much!

Message 4 of 5
Libbya
in reply to: Colin-Pearson

I just know that stretching rotate parameters and flip parameters often doesn't work out well.  

Message 5 of 5
Colin-Pearson
in reply to: Libbya

Works for me.  Thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report