Did you mean: 

Dynamic Block - Rotate and Stretch

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
stevenwalley
579 Views, 3 Replies

Dynamic Block - Rotate and Stretch

Can anyone help with modifying the dynamic block I've created for a control panel. It all works fine until I rotate the block and then change the panel width - it all seems to go haywire from that point on.

What am I doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance if you can help!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Libbya
in reply to: stevenwalley

All of the errors you are seeing are because of mistakes in your various actions' selection sets.  In the case of the rotate action you include other actions that you should not include and in the case of the move action, you do not include what you should.  See screencast:

Message 3 of 4
stevenwalley

Brillaint - thank you. That solved all the trouble. I'm still not sure what commands I should include in the selection set for the various actions - trial and error I guess.

Message 4 of 4
Libbya

An understanding of what happens to different actions when acted on by other actions is necessary.  If you add a stretch or move action to the selection set of a rotate action, then when the rotate is activated, it changes the angle offset of the stretch or move actions.  If you also rotate the parameters that are associated with those stretch/move actions, then the next time you stretch/move, the angle will be off by the initial rotation amount (basically the rotation is doubled).  If you have an independent scale action and you don't move/stretch/rotate it with whatever linework it scales, then the scale base point will be off and the objects will scale away from the scale base point.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost