Did you mean: 

Dynamic block polar stretch and rotate & block property table

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
z_johnsonPFC77
487 Views, 9 Replies

Dynamic block polar stretch and rotate & block property table

I am looking for a way to make the block attached work by having the polar stretch action stay connected to the rotating jib/crane arm as it changes. I have tried moving the distance and polar grip but just can't get what I need.

Also is there a way to show the block property values as chosen values instead of the angles show without using lookup table?

If possible is there also a way to stretch the associated dimension at the bottom so that it changes the jib rotation?

any help is much appreciated

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
hwalker
in reply to: z_johnsonPFC77

I'm not entirely sure what you mean with your angles, but the rotating jib is easy, just add a point stretch and use that to stretch the polar parameter only. Then chain your polar parameter to the point stretch and chain the point stretch to the rotate parameter. See the 30m visibility state in the attached block

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 10

@z_johnsonPFC77 wrote:

Also is there a way to show the block property values as chosen values

[EDIT]: 

Ignore this post. I's nearly the same as @hwalker posted above. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which value(s) do you want to show? 

Until now I can offer the attached suggestion - demonstrated for the 30m variant. (Drag the grip of the Angle Parameter). 

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 10

Those are both amazing THANKS!! been smashing my head for a week.

As for the values its so that the distance shown at the bottom snaps to multiples of 1000 either by dragging a grip at the bottom of the image, clicking a value as shown in the block property or as rotating the jib where it snaps to values.

For the values in the block property if possible would be the radius shown in m.

Hopefully that makes alright sense happy to clarify and thanks for any help.

Message 5 of 10

@z_johnsonPFC77 wrote:

the distance shown at the bottom snaps to multiples of 1000

Do you mean this -> ?

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 6 of 10

Nah not really sorry more like what i've attached below but simplified. So when you pull the rotate grip or the distance grip associated with the dimension that they will snap to certain radius and that the jib will remain the same length in the rotate arc. Not sure how to describe it better sorry. 

OR Similar to my original with the block table property where you go to the jib length and select and angle and it will rotate to the specific radius. If possible to rename those numbers to the radius/dimension length that would be very useful.

Again thanks for the help

Message 7 of 10
hwalker

Ok so I've broken the block slightly, but I believe you can get the gist of what I'm doing.

Add a linear stretch parameter to the dimension. Put the linear stretch parameter into the block properties table, immediately after the length of the crane. See the attached drawing

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 8 of 10

That works great thanks!!

Is there a way to do as the top paragraph of my last reply stipulates without having to use a block look up table just out of curiosity.

Thanks again

Message 9 of 10
hwalker

I would have said use a double lookup but there is a lot of information to put in.

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 10 of 10

Yh thats what i've done before and i'm not doing it again but the solution you've provided works great.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report