Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dynamic block move action selection

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
Filipe_Cuango
2758 Views, 21 Replies

dynamic block move action selection

Hello guys. I would like to receive your assistance. I want to move the action selection box along with its items with the move command.

And if possible I would like to know what is the variable to make the same action selection box visible?

I appreciate all your efforts.

Attachment image

Labels (1)
21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22

@Filipe_Cuango wrote:

I want to move the action selection box along with its items with the move command.

What do you want to achive? What is your goal?

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 22

@j.palmeL29YX 

Watch the attached video to get an idea of ​​what I want.
But nevertheless, here goes.

What I want is to move the action checkbox. This box is used to select the elements in the action definition for a parameter during the construction of a dynamic block.
This box normally remains invisible and cannot be moved during the construction of a dynamic block.

I hope to make you understand.

Message 4 of 22

@Filipe_Cuango wrote:

@j.palmeL29YX 

Watch the attached video to get an idea of ​​what I want.

I hope to make you understand.

I don't see an attached video and no, unfortunately I'm afraid I still don't really unterstand what you want to do.

But I try an answer.

If you want to move the rectangle which you pointed to in the first image above - that can not be moved. It is a crossing window to select objects, similar to the crossing window if you do any edit command (move, copy, mirror, ...).

The only what you can do in the environment of the block editor: you can new define this crossing window as shown in >>this video<<:

A stretch action was added to the block in the past. Now I can do a right click at the stretch action symbol, choose Edit Selection Set and after an ENTER you can SEE where the crossing window WAS and which objects were selected for the stretch action. But this "rectangle" can not be moved nor can it be used for any other action. You only can redefine a new crossing window for THIS stretch action.

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 22
Libbya
in reply to: Filipe_Cuango

Your post doesn't make sense to me.  The window for the selection set is part of the stretch action.  Every time you select the stretch action in block editor, the stretch window grips appear and can be modified.  You can also right-click the action and modify the selection set in order to redefine the stretch window.  When you deselect the stretch action the window disappears.  As far as I know there is not any way to keep it visible when the stretch action is not selected and there would be no reason I can fathom to want to do so.  The window is *not* part of the move action selection set as it would not apply.   

Message 6 of 22
Filipe_Cuango
in reply to: Libbya

I have several parts of a block in the block editor and I need to change its positions to improve the organization. I will attach a video

@Libbya 

Message 7 of 22

Here's the video. I have several blocks in the block editor and I need to change their positions for better organization.

@j.palmeL29YX 

Vou anexar o vídeo

Message 8 of 22
Libbya
in reply to: Filipe_Cuango

Ok, if you use the STRETCH command instead of the MOVE command, the stretch window will move with the stretch action.  Otherwise, just us the right-click menu of the stretch command to redefine the stretch window after you have moved it.  

Message 9 of 22

@Filipe_Cuango wrote:

I have several blocks in the block editor and I need to change their positions for better organization.

As @Libbya wrote above, use the stretch command instead of the move command to "reorganize" your geometry as shown in >>this video<<. So the selection area will be moved with the geometry.

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 10 of 22
barbara3YB93
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Does this work for a block with many actions on it? I can't find a way to do this

Message 11 of 22
Libbya
in reply to: barbara3YB93

@barbara3YB93 wrote:

Does this work for a block with many actions on it? I can't find a way to do this

Yes, it does.  

Message 12 of 22
j.palmeL29YX

@barbara3YB93 wrote:

Show us a example please so we can understand what you are trying to accomplish. 

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 13 of 22

Message 14 of 22
j.palmeL29YX

First set BACTIONBARMODE to 0. 

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 15 of 22

It did move my actions like that but the block is still not acting right.

I don't know if this has anything to do with it, I'm stretching several items on different values of distance multiplier for the same stretch parameter, and even though they look all fine when I move them like this, the block is definitely not stretching properly anymore.

Message 16 of 22
j.palmeL29YX

@barbara3YB93 wrote:

I'm stretching several items on different values of distance multiplier for the same stretch parameter,  

Post your block (dwg) please. 

If possible one block before moving (stretching) all geometry to the new place and additional a second block how it looks after moving (stretching) the geometry. 

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 17 of 22

I can't post the actual block online, but this is how it is reacting after I remove the basepoint, so I can actually move it to 0,0.

After stretching and moving the block to any position that was not the original one it does not work anymore.

Message 18 of 22
j.palmeL29YX

What happens if you only delete the basepoint parameter, but not yet move the geometry away.

Does it still work properly, or does the missing basepoint parameter destroy the block?

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 19 of 22

It works just fine if I remove it, I added that basepoint at the end since I noticed my block was not on 0,0 and I couldn't find a way to move it without pretty much just redrawing again 😓

Message 20 of 22
j.palmeL29YX

Sorry, without knowing all the "internals" of your block (it is much more than only move some stretch actions' selection set to a new place) I can not help.

The initial question (post #1) is answered and works well. That doesn't cause your new problems.
For fun again a small demo example: 

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report