Dynamic Block Lookup Parameter Malfunction

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
1547 Views, 7 Replies

Dynamic Block Lookup Parameter Malfunction

Hey guys,

Basically, I've built a dynamic block using visibilty and lookup parameters in order to have plan and side views of hex-head screws M3 through M64 displayed when needed. 

However, most of the lookup parameters are showing an additional line at the grip called "custom" which I wish to remove.

My dynamic block plays its intended role just fine but that "custom" thing just really annoys me. How do I remove it?

888489274657287612.jpg

Please find the block  attached. Thank you.

Elie

Save

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
MetalFingerz
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys,

Basically, I've built a dynamic block using visibilty and lookup parameters in order to have plan and side views of hex-head screws M3 through M64 displayed when needed. 

However, most of the lookup parameters are showing an additional line at the grip called "custom" which I wish to remove.

My dynamic block plays its intended role just fine but that "custom" thing just really annoys me. How do I remove it?

888489274657287612.jpg

Please find the block  attached. Thank you.

Elie

Save

Hi Elie,

Your block works fine on my end.

001.jpg

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: MetalFingerz

Hi MetalFingerz,

Thank you for the prompt answer but only M3 works fine, all the rest have that extra "custom" line.

Am I missing something?

Elie

Message 4 of 8
MetalFingerz

My bad, you're right. I didn't think that M3 was working fine.

Anyway, when I erased M3 and M3-top in your block, M4 didn't display "Custom". Same when I deleted M4 with M5 etc. It seems that the problem lies in the way the double lookups is set but I can't help you much more than that as I don't know double look ups well unfortunately...

Message 5 of 8
Libbya

You made this block WAAAAAYYYYYY more complicated than necessary.

The Top view only needs ONE set of linework.  Then to change sizes just use a scale action with the appropriate sizes in the size selection lookup table.

You also don't need to use TWENTY-SIX (!!) lookup parameters.  Just two lookups and a double lookup will do it all.  An an input point parameter.  Add a lookup for selecting between Top or Side view and have that lookup move the input parameter.  Add a lookup for size selections and have it adjust the parameters necessary for changing the plan view linework.

Add a double lookup.  On the input table use one of the size parameters and the input point parameter as inputs.  On the output table, add the visibility parameter and change the state accordingly.  See attached.

If you didn't need the list values for the linear stretch parameters that are in some of the states, you could accomplish it all with just one side view in a similar manner.

A side benefit of setting up the block in the much simpler manner I describe is that the lookups do not display 'Custom' because the current block values are always on the tables.

Message 6 of 8
Libbya
in reply to: Libbya

...also, the 'Custom' line in the original way you set up the block is not a malfunction.  The 'Custom' row appears because the base state of the block does not exist on the tables that display 'Custom'.  The way you set up the block with the overly complicated use of single lookups rather than an input parameter and a double lookup makes that Custom line unavoidable.  

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Libbya

Great stuff mate! I had never used an input parameter before... Thank you!!!

Message 8 of 8
Libbya

There are a couple gotchas with what I did on your block.  One is the bactionbarmode system variable has to equal 0 in order to see both tables that are associated with the double lookup.  The other is actually making a double lookup.  I posted up a double lookup how-to with screencast if you don't know how to make one.  Let me know if you need any other explanations.  Cheers. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report