Did you mean: 

Dynamic block for fixed ladder

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
j_winkleman
643 Views, 6 Replies

Dynamic block for fixed ladder

Looking to create a dynamic block for a fixed ladder.  Can get the stringers (sides) to stretch, but am having trouble with the rung spacing.  Would like to stretch the top rung to a certain elevation while the rungs are equally spaced between 12"-14".  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

LADDER.jpg

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: j_winkleman

In the attached dwg you find an example how to solve such issues. You can adapt it to your needs. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
hwalker

Do 3 visibility states. 1 for 12", 1 for 13" and 1 for 14", and use a linear array.

If you have drawn your top section at 2" all you need to do is add the whole top section to the stretch.

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 7
j_winkleman

Appreciate the feedback.  That is close to what I am needing.  What I need is to keep the spacing =>12" and <14", all rungs equally spaced.  Example: if the ladder is 17'-10", I would like the rungs equally spaced at 1'-0 9/16".  

Message 5 of 7
j.palmeL29YX

You can not get both in the same block,  >12" and <14". 

You must decide if either 

you want to be sure, that the distances are always >12" (then can the distance for short lengths of the ladder be > 14) 

OR

you want to be sure, that the distances are always <14" (then can the distance for short lengths of the ladder be  <12"). 

I attached a file with two block variants. If the length of the ladder is too short, can one of the conditions be violated. For greater lengths of the ladder you will fulfill both restrictions, but you will get two different results. 

Your choice ...

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
j.palmeL29YX

@j_winkleman wrote:

Example: if the ladder is 17'-10", I would like the rungs equally spaced at 1'-0 9/16".  

BTW: Using these values the first step (from bottom to the top line of the first rung) will be 3 9/16". This seems to me very unergonomic and contradicts stair rules. 

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
j_winkleman
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

That's it!  The max 14" is exactly what I was looking for.  Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report