Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic block basic information

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
rapidcad
340 Views, 2 Replies

Dynamic block basic information

It appears that we have just two "stiky" posts in this dynamic blocks forum - I'd like to know it it would be alright if we made a third where we could post dynamic block tutorials, or even some of the documentation Autodesk has published over the years. For instance, I have the original 2006 white papers (pdf's) that would be very useful to beginners, and other more advanced pdfs of Autodesk University classes that have been given over the years that can really help someone new to dynamic blocks. I'd love to share but this is something for Lena or another moderator to approve before we try this. I know others here have done some wonderful how-to's as well.

Getting strarted with dynamic blocks is not that intuitive for most people and we should try to make it easier for beginners to get their feet wet.

So Lena -anyone - can you help guide us as we try to help others?

ADN CAD Developer/Operator
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
lena.talkhina
in reply to: rapidcad

Hey,

I just saw the thread.

To be sure that I am notified about this, use @ and my nickname next time.

You can learn more in FAQs

And answering your question: yes, we can stick any topic we want. The thing is that I would like to have one general topic where we have links to other topics with all information.

Here is the example: https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/revit-russkiy/otkrytye-besplatnye-biblioteki-semeystv/td-p/7193475

So what you need to do first is just create a thread and let me know, so I will stick it to the top. And when everyone start to post links there I will add it to the first message.

I also think that posting articles on AKN and share a link on forums should be effective

Находите сообщения полезными? Поставьте "НРАВИТСЯ" этим сообщениям! | Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
На ваш вопрос успешно ответили? Нажмите кнопку "УТВЕРДИТЬ РЕШЕНИЕ" | Have your question been answered successfully? Click "ACCEPT SOLUTION" button.

Лена Талхина/Lena Talkhina
Менеджер Сообщества - Русский/Community Manager - Russian

Message 3 of 3
rapidcad
in reply to: rapidcad

@ lena.talkhina, I can attach the pdf's form the Autodesk AutoCAD 2006 rollout that included three white papers which thoroughly explained the concepts behind dynamic blocks and the methods Autodesk provided to build them. However, I can only find the links from resellers, not on Autodesk's website directly - maybe they are there but I have not found them yet.

Here are the three original Dynamic Blocks In AutoCAD white papers that I found at CADMasters:

Dynamic Blocks in AutoCAD Part 1 of 3: Dynamic Block Overview and Quick-Start Tutorial.  

Dynamic Blocks in AutoCAD Part 2 of 3: Inventory of Block Editor, Commands, Parameters, Actions, and...Sets.  

Dynamic Blocks in AutoCAD Part 3 of 3: Advanced Features of Dynamic Blocks.  

I can share a number of Autodesk University handouts as well but it will take some time to put the links together since I have pdfs I downloaded years ago - I would need to locate those links.

ADN CAD Developer/Operator

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report