Did you mean: 

Drawing Title Block with Dynamic modules

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
g_rollandJRTCL
230 Views, 0 Replies

Drawing Title Block with Dynamic modules

Hey everyone,

I've recently been charged of creating a new Title block for my civil engineering office, and I've been asked to create a dynamic block to avoid people creating new modules and change the way the Title block should be.

Therefore, I have to make a Title Block that follows these rules:

- Change the modules according to the phase* it's in.

*Phases are something we use in switzerland, they follow a precise order based of a norm, and the title block needs specific modules depending on which phase the project is currently in. The phases are translated in english so it's not the exact name that we use, but you get the point hopefully.

g_rollandJRTCL_0-1683529054415.png

This part shouldn't ever move, it's the baseline of the title block, each of the things that go on top are what I call modules and they change according to the phase.

Idealy I would like to have multiple visibility into the same block to change all of the aspects of the block, but I know that it's not possible to have more than one visibility in one block.

What I would like is to be able to change everything using the properties panel, by filling out a row in the properties which would change the text or by selecting between multiple options.

g_rollandJRTCL_1-1683529269777.png

In the same way I can change this block "Attributes" in the properties.

The really cool thing would be to change all of the text in the Title Block just by going in the properties and filling out the different rows.

- Have a switching system for the office (We have two sites and we need to be able to toggle between one and another). I already have created that but as it's another visibility it's in another block.

- Be able to change the "Material Properties" table by using properties panel (Phase 51)

- Be able to change the "Element" in the "Material Properties" table by using properties panel (Phase 51)

- Define the "Reference Level" by using properties panel (From phase 51 to 53)

The overall thing would need to fit in a single block, without needing to use multiple small blocks for each part as you can see in the dwg I attached. If anyone has an idea of how I could achieve that, it would be life-saving, if not job-saving xD.

Thanks in advance, and I'm here to answer any possible question that you might have.

Cheers.

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost