Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensional Constraint Grips misbehaving after adding Block Table

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
j-dubya-merchant
81 Views, 0 Replies

Dimensional Constraint Grips misbehaving after adding Block Table

I'm inclined to think that this problem is a bug, but I'm interested in hearing what others think.

I made a dynamic block that shows an elevation view of a concrete slab and some of its rebar.  The length and thickness of the slab are adjustable.  The rebar size and shape (straight or hooked), the length of the rebar hooks, and the clearance from the edge of the concrete are all adjustable.  Properties can be adjusted via grips or in the Properties palette.  Everything seemed to work as expected.

I decided to add in a Block Table for some specific presets that we use in our office.  These presets have specific values for slab thickness, rebar shape, hook length (where applicable), and rebar clearance.  Basically, the only meaningful parameter that isn't in the Block Table is the slab length.  The "Block properties must match a row in the table" box is unchecked so that a preset can be selected and then modified if necessary, or the presets can be ignored altogether.

However, after adding the Block Table, a lot of the grips stopped working properly.  Namely, all of the grips for parameters listed in the Block Table (except for the Visibility Parameter, "Rebar"):

• Slab_Thickness
  • Hook_Length
  • Top_Clearance
  • Bottom_Clearance
  • Side_Clearance

The problem is very specific:

• If I click one of the "problem" grips, and then click again to set the parameter, the parameter doesn't actually change.
    • For example, I click the "Bottom_Clearance" grip (default value is 3") and click 2" up (to make it 5"); the parameter stays 3".
    • If I simply try to change one or multiple "problem" parameters this way, none of them changes.  However, if I first try to adjust "problem" parameters (one or multiple), and then adjust a "working" parameter (e.g., "Slab_Length"), then the last "problem" parameter I tried to adjust changes to what I tried to set it to.
  • If I click one of the "problem" grips, and then type in a value (with "Dynamic Input" turned "ON"), the parameter changes as expected.
  • If I change one of the "problem" parameters in the Properties palette (boy, that's a lotta "p" sounds), the parameter changes as expected.

If I delete the Block Table, then the "problem" parameters go back to working without issue.

Like I said, this seems like it's just a bug.  I don't think it's a problem with the way the Block is built.  All constrained geometry is fully constrained.  Even with the Block Table, with the one exception I described above, the parameters still work as expected.  I don't know if anyone else has run into this or knows if there's a fix for it.

The attached drawing is the block in question.

'Preciate your time.

Labels (4)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta