Did you mean: 

Dimension Dynamic Block

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
642 Views, 5 Replies

Dimension Dynamic Block

Hello All,

As shown in the attached, I have a radial dimension within a dynamic block. 

I was wondering if I can move the position of this dimension without editing the block, like I can with an attribute.

I am using a block property table to edit the radius, with labels "min" and "max". Would it also be possible to somehow link the text in my dimension to show this label - perhaps using a field?

I do not want to use visibility states for this, as I will be using many visibility states already (with double lookup tables) so I'm trying to minimise their use.

Cheers

Sam

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

As an update to my own post, I have managed to get it to rotate using a rotate parameter (I am new to dynamic blocks) which is good but I still cant get it to stretch. 

I have attached the block that rotates and a second that I've tried to use a polar stretch. This one also rotates but the dimension does not move with the stretch. 

I suspect this is not possible from the lack of replies but I can always hope!

Message 3 of 6
mmitchellH6TRW

Played with it a little, but now I have to return to my production.
Added Min/Max tag and added it to the rotation. It uses an attribute with a BlockPlaceholder field reference.
You have do a regen after changing states to get it to work.

Message 4 of 6
j.palmeL29YX

Based on your current example (you use a parametric dimension for the radius) you can see here how you get the block as you expect. 
But usually I do not suggest to mix parametric constraints and dimension with dynamic Parameters and actions. Often you will run into trouble. (In this simple example it works well). 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

>>Here<< (upload to screencast doesn't work at the moment) a video how the block works. 

After changing the radius you must regen the dwg to see the current value (because it is a field). 

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 6
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

@j.palmeL29YX wrote:

(upload to screencast doesn't work at the moment)  

>>Here<< now a demo of block usage in a better quality. 

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta