Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Detail callout with attributes linked to table data?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
rosader
174 Views, 1 Reply

Detail callout with attributes linked to table data?

I need to create a dynamic block for detail callouts with attributes that link to data from table. The table will have each detail number/letter as well as its corresponding sheet reference number. This way, whenever I insert the detail callout it will ask for the detail number and then auto populate the reference sheet based on the linked data. Also, whenever I need to change a sheet reference for any detail(s), I wouldn't have to go through and find every instance of that detail and update manually, I could (theoretically) just update the sheet number in the table and have the detail callouts automatically update. Is this a possibility or just a pipedream?

Labels (11)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
rosader
in reply to: rosader

Maybe it's not possible? I come from the Revit world so I'm used to the way it works there. In Revit, you have detail views placed onto detail sheets and the views are numbered. When adding a detail callout you reference one of those detail views and then it auto populates the detail number and sheet reference. What's nice about that is when you move a detail view to another sheet, it automatically updates all corresponding detail callouts. I know Autocad doesn't work like that. I was just hoping there was something that could make updating multiple detail callouts a little less time consuming. It would also prevent you from missing any details callouts when changing manually which is bound to happen from time to time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost