Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a Pinch Ring for a Steel Monopole (Cell Tower) and want to stretch the diameter of pole and have pinch ring follow in a dynamic block...

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
christian.jesperson
271 Views, 3 Replies

Creating a Pinch Ring for a Steel Monopole (Cell Tower) and want to stretch the diameter of pole and have pinch ring follow in a dynamic block...

I am trying to create a monopole pinch ring dynamic block that automatically stretches the bolts between 120 degree spaced sectors as the tower diameter changes using a stretch command. I used to solve this issue by creating presets in a visibility list for varying diameters of pole, but figure there may be an easier way in a dynamic block using a polar array (maybe even an associative polar array to get it to stretch with the pole)?

A few guys at our office are trying to figure it out. I can stretch my polar array using the grip (I originally had to change the base point to the top quadrant), but the bolts don't follow, nor is it in a block. Any solutions out there that can be simply explained to keep the bolts following and keep the block dynamic with a stretch command?

christianjesperson_0-1652909803445.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Is the stretching shown in the screencast what you are looking for?  If not, then post the block file with some examples drawn in it of various sizes so that the way you want the components to change is obvious.  

Message 3 of 4

Message 4 of 4

Super cool Libbya! That worked like a charm! Thanks so much! We have been trying to wrap our heads around that for  a while. Of note, prior to doing this exercise, remember your units are inches if you are working in inches (otherwise, you'll have to start over) and rotation checkmark in units dialog is set to clockwise if you're working with polar arrays and antennas for any other aspiring telecom engineers out there.  If rotation is set to clockwise, what Libbya marked as 120 for the angle of each selection set will be 240 degrees and vice versa. I had to play with it a few times and test the block to get it right. Vertical is always set to 0 though by default.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost