Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Multileader Block with Attribute As Text

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
brajohnsonF24XU
869 Views, 2 Replies

Create Multileader Block with Attribute As Text

I am trying to create a block that contains a multileader and where the multileader text is an attribute that is filled out by the user when inserting the block. The method I am trying is:

1) Create a new block in the block editor.

2) Define an attribute with the tag named TEXTSTRING (make it invisible)

3) Create a multileader in the block editor and when prompted for text, select insert field>objects>attribute definition>Value (the value of the attribute definition)

The issue is when I insert this block, the attribute definition window pops up, I add the value of the attribute, then the mutlileader shows that it is inserted with the interior text being "----"

If I change the attribute definition inside the block editor to be Tag instead of Value, then it just shows the name of the attribute tag in the inserted block. What am I doing wrong?

Labels (4)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

What if you create a attribute definition, then create a multi-leader, explode the multileader for the linework, and add a polar stretch parameter? You could also add additional functions like flip if deemed necessary. Capture.JPG

Message 3 of 3
Libbya
in reply to: brajohnsonF24XU

Why are you trying to use a field?  Multileaders support the use of user-defined blocks with attributes.  See screencast:

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost