Did you mean: 

Combine two dynamic blocks into one block using Visibility

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Todd_CAD_MAN
892 Views, 8 Replies

Combine two dynamic blocks into one block using Visibility

I create two dynamic blocks that works perfectly. I can change the width of the part and the slots will remain centered. I can change the length of the part and it will add more slots if the they are more than 12" apart and equal out the slots. The fist and last slot will always be 3" to the center off of each end. I want to take these two dynamic blocks and make a single block using Visibility. I tried to get it to work, but no luck. I am looking for some help on how to combine these two dynamic blocks into one.

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: Todd_CAD_MAN

Do you really need/want two different parameters for the x-offset? 

You have a "Horiz_Offset X" with an initial value of 0 (in double slots)

and an "Offset X" with an initial value of 3 (in single slots). 

Please clarify. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 9
Todd_CAD_MAN
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Yes, because sometimes the slots are inline vertically and sometimes the bottom slots are offset to the right. The 3" value should never change, as it needs to always be 3" to the center from the end of each part. But when I went to hide that value it would not show the Y value. I need the Y value because the slots are not always centered on the part. They are centered on the part about 95% of the time.

DBL SlotsDBL SlotsDBL Slots OffsetDBL Slots Offset

Message 4 of 9
j.palmeL29YX

I'm not sure about your final goal, but perhaps the attached suggestion will help you to reach what you want to achieve. 

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 9
Todd_CAD_MAN

Thank you Jurgen, I see what I was doing wrong! I was trying to combine the two together instead of just modifying one of them to contain both sets of slots, single and double.

Message 6 of 9
Todd_CAD_MAN

I am having an issue when I import the CAD file into another program all the slots show up.

Message 7 of 9
hwalker

That will probably be because the other program does not recognize visibility states in blocks and "sees" all the items in the block no matter if they are "visible" or not

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 8 of 9
Todd_CAD_MAN

Thanks, I assumed that was the issues. I was hoping there was a work around.

Message 9 of 9
Todd_CAD_MAN

I figured it out. The Radan software allows you to specify selected layers to import. I created a conversion template for Single and for Doubles. I created a different layer for each group of slots in the block.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta