Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Circular Stretch & Scale Issue

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
m_rogoff
2537 Views, 9 Replies

Circular Stretch & Scale Issue

Hi, I have a block (attached) that is not working correctly. I laid the block out and exposed it's problems in the attached file. Pictures will explain it much better than I can.

I am scaling 2 circles to keep the same relative diameter - the yellow circle (2 circles with a solid associative hatch) will keep a constant distance from the blue circle edge (3"). I also need to be able to change the width of the yellow circle. My intuition would tell me that I need one stretch at a side grip of the circle to change the diameter, like moving the grip would typically work for a circle. However, this moves the circle and does not change the dia, and makes it lopsided.

I also have dots (shown as smaller solid hatched circles) that will need to be able to adjust size and number. I am having trouble keeping the scale point concentric. I will then use visibilty states for the number of bars.

Thanks in advance!

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
ojuris
in reply to: m_rogoff

hi!

Try this - see attachment

parameters change in property window

Message 3 of 10
Libbya
in reply to: ojuris

Ojuris, you're going to the Dark Side...  🙂  Constraints?  

M_rogoff, do you want the blue raltive diameters of the yellow circle and blue circle to remain proportional or do you want the difference in diameter to remain constant?  I assume proportional due to the starting point and desired outcome shown but the proportion is wrong for the Option2.  It's easy enough to do the other if desired.

Message 4 of 10
m_rogoff
in reply to: Libbya

Yea I hate constraints.

I want the distance between the blue circle and the outter diameter of the yellow circles to remain 3" (for now). I was moving/stretching the inner yellow diameter to achieve the change in width. I may need the 3" to be adjustable in the future, but I will worry about later. Thanks

Message 5 of 10
Libbya
in reply to: m_rogoff

Here it is again.  The added grip sets the offset between the blue and outer yellow diameters.

Message 6 of 10
ojuris

ok ok, I was in dark side, sorry  Smiley Wink

check this one

Message 7 of 10
ojuris

Here it's again. Add visibility and some limits

Message 8 of 10
Imui

Hello,

Sorry to drop in like this.

This is another version of spiral rebar. This block is wihtout the concrete column, but it represents the "dots" close to the circle

Message 9 of 10
Libbya

Ojuris, I like #4.  No need for all the extra chained linear parameters.  You can just run all the dot stretch actions (with appropriate angle offset) off a single chained parameter.

M_rogoff, do you want the dots touching the yellow circle?  Do you want to maintain a constant distance between the dots and circle?  

I'd also move the dot diameter adjustment to the same side as all the other grips just to minimize mouse movement.

If you want to add visibility states with a different number of dots, just add the dots and then add an independent scale for each dot to the "Dot_Diameter" parameter and add a stretch action for each dot to the 'Dot_Stretch' parameter.  Include the dot's scale action in the dot's stretch selection set.  Each stretch action should have the appropriate angle offset.  The dot stretch actions are Stretch11-30.  

Message 10 of 10
Anonymous

Thank you all very much for your help, it's much appreciated. I am going to use #4 and have some additional modifications. I will let you know if I have any other questions.

This is a great block, Libbya and Ojuris, you never cease to amaze me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report