Did you mean: 

Changing angle of rotating block

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
587 Views, 7 Replies

Changing angle of rotating block

I have a north arrow and azimuth, I am trying to program the small azimuth arrow angle to be in relation to the large north arrow, as shown below.  Currently, both the large arrow (north) and the small arrow (azimuth) are in relation to the top of the circle. I would like the larger north arrow to be rotatable in relation to the top, while making the small azimuth arrow rotate (and be able to type in) in relation to the large north arrow. Can this be done with a lookup table?

gjaffeUSUSV_0-1618525941167.png

Labels (2)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: Anonymous

Post your block please. 

And do you need a lookup table urgently? (Do you need "only" the rotation functionality even if it is realized in another way? Should the block also fulfill other tasks?). 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

I only need to be able to rotate both objects, with the smaller (narrow) arrow's angle value depending on the larger arrows position. The large (wider) arrow should rotate normally.

Message 4 of 8
j.palmeL29YX

Is >>this<< what you're looking for? 

BTW (off topic): Why did you draw such a bunch of lines instead of two appropriate hatches? 

If my reply solves your problem, click the "accept as solution" button. This can help others find solutions faster

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Thank you, no. It is close in that the two objects are linked, however, I would like only the angle VALUE of the azimuth arrow to change, not the angle to move with the north arrow. Essentially tying the origin of the object's rotation to another object.

For example:

gjaffeUSUSV_0-1618592835135.pnggjaffeUSUSV_1-1618592937128.png

Message 6 of 8
j.palmeL29YX

@Anonymous wrote:

For example: ...

IMHO it does what you have shown in the last images (>>click<<) and also as I understand your description. Obviously caused by my lack of English (it is not my native language). Sorry. 

Would you please describe again detailed what exactly you want to do and what you expect to happen. 

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

You are correct! this is exactly what I wanted to do. How did you set the Rotation1 parameter?

Message 8 of 8
j.palmeL29YX

@Anonymous wrote:

How did you set the Rotation1 parameter?

>>Click<< 

If my reply solves your problem, click the "accept as solution" button. This can help others find solutions faster

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report