Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you Link a Constrained Parameter to a Visibility State...?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
marcbinnersley
272 Views, 4 Replies

I have a dynamic block I am working on, I would like the Contrained Parameter "Side" to drive the Visibility State.

s1.jpg

Or the Visibility State to drive the Parameter...

It is set up currently with a view state to select the runner length and then have to click and drag the box to the appropriate length - which works but I just feel it should be better and one thing drive the other.

Hopefully someone will have some words of wisdom🤞.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: marcbinnersley

I would be surprised because i couldnt even used constraints on dimension lines... 

Message 3 of 5
hwalker

Look for DOUBLE LOOKUPS. I'm not sure if they can also be used with constraints, but they can be used with normal parameters

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 5

Thank you guys so far, the posted block already uses a Double lookup and I'd love to add the constraint to this - but alas is not possible.

Does anyone else have a workaround or a suggestion?

The desired result is being able to drag the grip for the "side" constraint and the position of that to correspond with the appropriate visibility state.

Or vice versa.

Thanks

Message 5 of 5
hwalker

If you change the constraint to a linear parameter you can set certain distances for the parameter and then use a double lookup which will either change the visibility state depending on the length of the parameter or the parameter depending on the visibility state.

See the attached drawing

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost