Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I retain this base point after Rotating?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
jarredmonday
537 Views, 4 Replies

Can I retain this base point after Rotating?

Hello all,

Below is the dblock in question. Also, see attached.

The top view is the standard block with the base point as shown. This "Base Point" is the center of the rotating axis.

Issue: After rotating the "1st Point" then rotating the "2nd Point", the Center axis of the "1st Point" moves. Is it possible to perminetly have the "1st Point" rotating axis stay in its original location?

Thanks.

Print Screen.jpg

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: jarredmonday

There are two problems I see in that block

1. Your rotation parameters do not have the same centre point, which is why when you rotate Angle 2, Angle 1's centre point moves.

2. Every time you change Angle 2 you are in effect change the size of the rotation parameter Angle 1

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: hwalker

The only problem I'm having now is keeping your first point where you want it

Howard Walker
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 4 of 5
jarredmonday
in reply to: hwalker

Yea, that is the problem I'm having too. I'm experimenting with using constraints, but it might be getting too complex than it needs to be and the same situation is accuring.

This block works well as it is, it's the fact I have to reset the block if it become out of wack and redo the layout.

Thank you for looking into it, I appreciate it.

Please mark Accept as Solution if your question is answered. Kudos gladly accepted. ⇘
Message 5 of 5
hwalker
in reply to: jarredmonday

I did think over the week end of a kind of solution, but you might not like it.

That number you have in the centre, use it as the centre of both rotation parameters

Howard Walker

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost