Did you mean: 

Camera FOV Coverage

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
mikejach
3738 Views, 10 Replies

Camera FOV Coverage

I'm trying to make a dynamic block to represent the camera FOV coverage for CCTV. I'd like a grip on the block to adjust the FOV to be wider or narrower, a grip to lengthen or shorten the area, and then another grip to rotate the whole block. I've figured out how to do each of these 3 things using constraints, but when they are all added together and I try to rotate the block, I get the "One or more constrained objects cannot be resolved." I'm not sure which one is causing the error.

I've tried doing it with stretch actions, but those caused more problems.

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Libbya
in reply to: mikejach

The issue is that you are combining constraints and dynamic parameters/actions (rotate).  If you do the rotation using an angular constraint it works fine.  See screencast.  

Message 3 of 11
Libbya
in reply to: Libbya

Alternatively I could do it all with dynamic parameters/actions and the grips will move more intelligently, but the block would be much more complicated.  

Message 4 of 11
j.palmeL29YX

I did some small modifications to the blockdefinition. Try if this is ok for you.

cadder

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

Ignore my last post. It's not yet working properly. 😞

Coming soon.

cadder

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 11
Libbya

@j.palmeL29YX wrote:

Ignore my last post. It's not yet working properly. 😞

Coming soon.

cadder

Coming soon?  I posted a screencast that shows step-by-step how to get it working properly prior to your first post.  

Message 7 of 11
j.palmeL29YX

Here a new version. Now it should work.

And sorry for posting my last post twice. I'm new in this forum and have had some trouble with the correct handling.

cadder

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 8 of 11
j.palmeL29YX

@Libbyawrote:

I posted a screencast that shows step-by-step how to get it working properly prior to your first post.  

Ok, sorry again. I did'n want to affond you nor ignore your suggestion. I tried to find another solution. And because the author did not yet mark this thread as "solved" I guess he is not happy with this solution (?).

Once again, excuse me if there was a misunderstanding.

cadder

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
mikejach

Thank you so much! That's what I was looking for. There were other ways I could get it to work, but it's nicer to have the grips follow the block.

Message 10 of 11
smrifas
in reply to: mikejach

Hi,
@Libbya & @j.palmeL29YX 

Could you please provide a solution that includes dynamic blindspot (can be increase and reduce) in the coverage 
it will be very help full, below image is the example

Thanks in Advanced

smrifas_0-1711444171563.png

Message 11 of 11
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: smrifas

One of surely several ways ...  

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta