Did you mean: 

Box Around Dynamic Block

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
cvanriper
412 Views, 7 Replies

Box Around Dynamic Block

I have several dynamic block that work fine, but one is giving me issues, and only with one person in the office. Normally, when I insert it (from CLASSICINSERT or from a custom menu), I need to explode it and the visibility drop-down shows up to make changes. This is normal and acts as it should. The dynamic features are for simple visibility only and there are no text attributes. When I explode this block to use it, it shows me a box or frame around the block, but no visibility drop-down. If I explode it again it is completely exploded. I can, however change my visibility from the properties manager.

Update: If I copy/clip from another drawing and paste it in, it works, but still does not if i insert it the problem still exists.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Libbya
in reply to: cvanriper

The object in the file is a dynamic block that was made into a 'group'.  Use the UNGROUP command and it will be a dynamic block again.  I can't speak to why it works/doesn't work depending on the workstation used because of insufficient information.

Message 3 of 8
cvanriper
in reply to: Libbya

UNGROUP makes the block act as intended, but the issue of why it is inserting as a grouped block still remains. It's a work-around, but not a solution. What other information can I provide that you might need?

Message 4 of 8
pendean

@cvanriper wrote:

...but the issue of why it is inserting as a grouped block still remains...

That's not a built option core AutoCAD: you are using a customization or 3rd pat add-in or add-on that is "helping" you with that ability.

Message 5 of 8
Libbya

^^^What he said.^^^

Also, for any diagnosis of what the difference is between the work stations you would, at minimum, need to provide details on the insertion processes used by the individual operators.  E.g. record a video showing every step taken in the process and post it.  That would just be to get started.  

Message 6 of 8
cvanriper
in reply to: pendean

I built the block with standard text and a simple visibility parameter; nothing complex. It is inserted into the drawing with a standard INSERT command or through a menu on my toolbar that I made. The macro is in the attachment. it will not allow me to put it in the body of this reply; something about an invalid HTML. I know the macro works, because it will insert the block and nobody else is having this issue. I am not using any 3rd party add-ons or add-ins.

Message 7 of 8
cvanriper

I will try to get you a video of the insertion process today.

Message 8 of 8
cvanriper

I had the user record a video and it started working properly. Must be those AutoCAD glitches. How bizarre. Thank you for your help.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report