Did you mean: 

Blocks show differently between two versions

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
467 Views, 5 Replies

Blocks show differently between two versions

AutoCAD 2020 shows our room tags differently from AutoCAD 2017. I can reinsert the room tags (even under the same block name) and it is fine, but it's a lot of work to do that. I have tried all sorts of solutions, insert the drawing into a new file as a block and explode it, -exporttoautocad, audit, purge, copy and paste everything to a new drawing, block replace, attsync, etc. Has anyone experienced something like this? These do not orientate to view. 

In the screenshot, the sheets are opened in AutoCAD 17 on the left and AutoCAD 2020 on the right.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Show us with actual DWG file with the problem please.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Cleaned up file attached and I put a circle around the area. I xref this into a drawing with a 1/8" viewport in both AutoCAD 2017 and AutoCAD 2020 and the room tag names will not be in the proper place on AutoCAD 2020.

They're the same file. I can't delete one of them for some reason.

Message 4 of 6
vinodkl

The problem is a bug in AutoCAD 2020. Try updating AutoCAD 2020 to latest update 2020.1.2.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: vinodkl

I wish it was that easy, but I am already on the latest update.

Message 6 of 6
Anonymous

In case it happens in the future. I had my AutoCAD and a few other computers set to save to 2013 format since we were still testing the software. Once I set the save format to 2018 it fixed the issue. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta