Did you mean: 

Dynamic blocks for cable trays supports

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
luigiverdenico
976 Views, 5 Replies

Dynamic blocks for cable trays supports

Hi all,

I created a dynamic block to design the supports of metal cable trays.
This block consists of an element that represents the vertical profile to which I have associated a linear parameter "stretch" called Lp to modify the length of profile and a second element which represents the bracket to which I have associated a linear parameter "move" called H to modify the distance of the bracket from the ceiling. I would like that fixed H, Lp changes automatically so that Lp = H + 150 mm. Is it possible?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Libbya
in reply to: luigiverdenico

Yes.  Post the block.

Message 3 of 6
luigiverdenico
in reply to: Libbya

ok

Message 4 of 6

In the other forum I had already asked you to post your dwg file. Why have you still not attached it?

EDIT: ok, now it is done.

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 6

Because I didnt know there is a specific forum for dynamic block so I preferred to attach it here. If you are a moderator , you can delete post in the other forum.

Message 6 of 6
Libbya
in reply to: luigiverdenico

@luigiverdenico wrote:

Hi all,

I created a dynamic block to design the supports of metal cable trays.
This block consists of an element that represents the vertical profile to which I have associated a linear parameter "stretch" called Lp to modify the length of profile and a second element which represents the bracket to which I have associated a linear parameter "move" called H to modify the distance of the bracket from the ceiling. I would like that fixed H, Lp changes automatically so that Lp = H + 150 mm. Is it possible?

Thanks

I think your units are incorrect or you have drawn it incorrectly.  The entire vertical profile is drawn as 1mm in height yet you ask that the LP be H+150mm.  Are the units of the drawing supposed to be meters?  Even then it still doesn't make sense.  With units as meters, the as drawn dimensions are Lp = H + 750mm.  Please adjust the drawing, units, and your formula so that they all agree.  At that point, just use a single vertical linear parameter and add both stretch and move to it.  See screencast.   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta