Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block within a block and linking fields

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
alxnds5
108 Views, 0 Replies

Block within a block and linking fields

Hi everyone. I'm hoping someone can help me with a field linking problem. I currently have a block within a block within a block (3 levels) and I'm hoping that at the third level I can add an attribute with an linked field from the first level. I know it's a bit confusing typing this out so I attached a sample with the blocks named at the levels I mean.

The 1st level contains two blocks - one called "PNO" which carries a numerical attribute and the other called "2nd level". In the second level block there is a circular block called "3rd level" that has an undefined attribute. I'd like to fill this attribute as a linked field from the PNO value, but every time I try to insert field expression it doesn't work. Is there a way to click on the object if one is at a different level of the nested block? I have to do this for hundreds of blocks and I'm hoping there is a linked field option or maybe a solution I have not thought about.

Another option I wondered about if it is possible to have a linked field taking the layer name of the block. Block "1st level" is at the a numerical layer and maybe I can bypass using the "PNO" block and somehow have the attribute of the 3rd level block linked to the layer name of the 1st level.

Any help would be appreaciated.

Labels (3)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost