Did you mean: 

Block property table with visibility lookup

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
235 Views, 1 Reply

Block property table with visibility lookup

Good morning AC community,

I'm creating a cabinet library. these cabinets have specific height/width requirements, utilizing a block property table. I currently have 5 different door styles. the block works fine. I would like to have the door style be its own independent look up. Much easier to change in the properties panel than clicking through all the drop downs.

Is having the 5 door styles something possible with this current data program?

I will be using these blocks for data extraction. Does anyone know how to have the flip parameter read the flip state name rather than 1 or 0?

I've followed a lot of @Libbya 's contributions and many others solutions to get this far. I appreciate any guidance and creativity in this matter.

Two questions: Possible to have a separate lookup reference the door styles with the number of shelves per height?

and is there a way to program the flip state to read other than 1 or 0 for data extraction?

I've attached the single door cabinet for your dissection.

Labels (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Libbya
in reply to: Anonymous

You could do away with the block properties table and instead use individual selection lookups combined with a double lookup.  The text would then be a field which does not update immediately after a change without regen (but does update on open, save, plot, etransmit, regen so I don't really see that as an issue).   

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost