Did you mean: 

Block Pick Point

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
1094 Views, 6 Replies

Block Pick Point

So, I am making dynamic blocks, using parameters. As you should know, there needs to be a Pick Point for the block when creating the block. As I put parameters on the block, the block will move more freely. However, the Pick Point for the block, will not move with the parameters. How do I get the Pick Point of the Block to move with Parameters?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: Anonymous

Please post an example .dwg so we can see what you have and what you expect.

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

example .dwg? how do I put that on here? Not sure if I got it, but I attached the drawing its in.

Message 4 of 7
j.palmeL29YX

I'm not sure if I understand what you want.

Try the block "Full Section Tag" in the attached Drawing2-pa.dwg. Is this what you need?

Jürgen Palme
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: j.palmeL29YX

... and here still a second try with an additional grip at the left side.

Jürgen Palme

EESignature

Message 6 of 7
vinodkl

Hi,

If you want the basepoint to move you need to add a basepoint parameter at the basepoint and also add a point parameter to that basepoint and create a move action. And also disable the grip of the point parameter and turn on the chain action from properties window. Now you need to include this point parameter in the selection of other actions(Note that do not include the object in the selection).

I created the same see attachment.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: vinodkl

Thank you so much for your work! with minor changes to the attributes I was able to get what I was looking for. You have done me a great service. Im not quite sure why I couldn't get chain to work on parameters but you seemed to get it!

Sincerely,

nmooneyPBA4x

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta