Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Attributes Background Mask

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2753 Views, 5 Replies

Block Attributes Background Mask

I have made a block that shows the level of concrete and the difference that this is to a set design. The design attribute uses a formula that I change depending on the design level.

I am trying to put a background mask behind the text using multiple lines for the attribute definition. This works for the attribute showing the level but attribute showing the design (using a formula) freezes on the text formatting box and won’t let me make it. If anyone knows how to create the background mask for this kind of attribute/ if it can be done it would be appreciated.

I have attached my original block.

Thanks

Rich

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
timothy_crouse
in reply to: Anonymous

Does this help?

I inserted teh filed into a MText that has a background turned on.

The filed can accept formulas.

-Tim

Message 3 of 6
vinodkl

As per my understanding I have modified the block (see attachment) by applying the background mask for the attributes and set the masking border offset factor of 1.5.

Is this what you were trying to do?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: vinodkl

Thanks, this is what I had in mind. 

When I try to insert a formula in to a multi line field it displays a text formatting box and I can't do anything past this point. Maybe it is my basic ACAD knowledge but I would like to know what I am doing wrong. 

Image attached. 

Thanks again for the help. Capture.JPG

Message 5 of 6
vinodkl

I'm glad it helped you.

In the text formatting when you click on the drop down arrow you'll get the background mask option.masking.png

ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
Message 6 of 6
timothy_crouse
in reply to: vinodkl

Nice catch on th ebackground mask in the multiline attribute.  I had no isea that was there.

Thanks

Tim

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report