Did you mean: 

AutoCAD LT - Dynamic Blocks - How??

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
simon2WLRW
566 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD LT - Dynamic Blocks - How??

Hi, apologies for the new person question, but Im having trouble creating a dynamic block.

I have created a block of a 4 panel door. I go into block editor and select linear and select the top left(start point) and top right (top right), it then asks me to place the label loction (the label doesnt appear) and the number of grips (2,1, or 0). Ive tried them all and nothing happens. Does this even work on LT??

[ The subject line of this post has been edited to include the product name by @handjonathan ]

Tags (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
handjonathan
in reply to: simon2WLRW

Hello @simon2WLRW 

Thanks a lot for posting your question to the forums!   

For the community to help you best, it would be great to have some more details from your end.   

• Sample drawing file
  • Any screenshots showing the issue

Looking forward to hearing back from you with more information so we as a community can help you.

Jonathan Hand

Industry Community Manager | AEC (Architecture & Building)

Message 3 of 11
Libbya

Dynamic parameters/actions work fine with LT.  Constraints do not.  Your process sounds right enough, but after adding any parameter, you need to add an appropriate action, associate it with the parameter and select the items it will affect.  Use Autodesk Screencast (free) to make a short video of your process and post it up if you need further assistance.

Message 4 of 11
simon2WLRW
in reply to: Libbya

Hi please see link below to a screen cast showing the issue. Any help is greatly appreciated

https://autode.sk/3LbOvSp

Message 5 of 11
Libbya

At 0:23 while it asks for the number of grips, what was your response?  Did you hit [enter], or [esc], or something else?

Message 6 of 11
Libbya

...also, post the file.

Message 7 of 11
simon2WLRW

Hi, thanks for having a look, I hit enter.
Message 8 of 11
Libbya

Where's the file?

Message 9 of 11
simon2WLRW

Hi there,

Thanks so much again. File is attached

Message 10 of 11
hwalker

Layer 0 is turned off. Parameters and actions are put on Layer 0. Turn it back on. See the image below

Capture.JPG

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 11 of 11
simon2WLRW

Thanks so much, its working...kind of. I might need to redraw the block, but I can work that out with the usual guidance. Many Thanks to all of you for your help

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta