AutoCAD Lisp Request to Change Dynamic Block Attribute Layer

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
reginald-grimes
408 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD Lisp Request to Change Dynamic Block Attribute Layer

Hi AutoCAD Community

I'm in need of an AutoCAD lisp in which I can change the layer of the "LOCATION_ID" tag to any layer that I choose.  I would like to have the options to select one dynamic block or multiple dynamic blocks at once.  This lisp would need to be able to work with any block that has the "LOCATION_ID" tag.  I've attached a CAD file with 2 blocks.  I would be so grateful for help with this request.  Thank you!

Labels (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Libbya
in reply to: reginald-grimes

A couple thoughts.  One is that what you are asking is not actually a Dynamic Blocks issue, but rather a LISP issue.  People on this forum know Dynamic Blocks, but are not necessarily knowledgeable about LISP.  You would likely get better answers on the LISP forum.

Another thought is that what you are asking for doesn't really work with the way that blocks function.  There is no dynamic property that allows you to change the layer of an object.  Even with LISP I think the best you will be able to achieve is an automated way of creating a new copy of the block definition with the attribute on the desired layer.  Without creating a new block definition, then if the att layer is changed, then ALL insertions of that block will change their attribute to the new layer.  

Good luck.

Message 3 of 3
reginald-grimes
in reply to: Libbya

Thanks for the insight.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta