Did you mean: 

Auto Rotate to Layout View port

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
L3GO-Ed
740 Views, 2 Replies

Auto Rotate to Layout View port

Hello Experts,

I Have Created a dynamic block with a rotation parameter. Is it possible to have the rotation set to remain vertical in the layout viewport in paperspace no matter its rotation in model space. As in to Auto-roate its self to match the layout viewport.

I have seen this behaviour with the Civil 3D alignment labels which always rotate to match the viewport orientation and I was wondering if I could also borrow it for my dynamic block.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
hwalker
in reply to: L3GO-Ed

Change the block orientation to match layout space in the properties. See the image below

Capture.JPG

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 3
vinodkl
in reply to: L3GO-Ed

Hi,

You could chain the object to keep it upright to match the orientation of layout when using the rotation action.

you could post the block so that we can help you out.

@hwalker Match orientation to layout doesn't work when a parameter/action is added to the block.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ವಿನೋದ್ ಕೆ ಎಲ್( System Design Engineer)

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" if my reply resolves the issue or answers your question, to help others in the community.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost