Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attributes not displaying name after annotative scale change (Autocad2020)

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
bull504
402 Views, 4 Replies

Attributes not displaying name after annotative scale change (Autocad2020)

I've been having an issue recently where I need to add a attribute to an existing block. If I have multiple instances of this block on more than 1 annotation scale, the new attribute will not display on the blocks set to different scales. Example, I have 3000 instances of a block, half on 1/2"=1' scale and the other  half on 3/8"=1' scale. I select one on the 1/2" scale and edit in block editor. I add new attribute, save, and ATTSYNC. For the 1/2" blocks everything is fine. For the 3/8" blocks, the properties palette shows a new line item, but displays it as blank. No name. I can still fill in the information for that new attribute but the issue is I use this for data extraction and the extraction will take this off as a separate attribute from the 1/2" blocks even though it is the same value. 

I have tried setting the new attributes as annotative but it does not save that setting in the block editor. If I change the scale of a 3/8" block to 1/2", the attribute displays normally. If I assign both scales to a block, it displays normally, (though I prefer not to do this). 

Any insight is appreciated.

Labels (2)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
h_s_walker
in reply to: bull504

Post the block so we can have a look. I only have LT2016, so might not be able to help.

Also when you change the attribute to annotative add the scales to the attribute itself.

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 3 of 5
bull504
in reply to: h_s_walker

I've attached a dwg with 3 of the blocks and added a new attribute to it. One is set to 1/2" scale, one to 3/8", and one has both. You will see the 3/8" block where the bottom attribute (CLEARHOLE) is blank. This is repeatable with any block. I've done this operation countless times over the years with no issue. This only started having this issue recently.

I've also attached a snip of the data extraction. Showing how Autocad takes the same attribute off as 2 separate attributes

Message 4 of 5
h_s_walker
in reply to: bull504

I don't know why, but there was something wrong with that specific insertion of the block. I reinserted it and added the 3/8 scale and removed the 1/2 scale and it has the CLEARHOLE attribute showing. 

See the attached drawing

Howard Walker
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Left Handed and Proud

Message 5 of 5
bull504
in reply to: h_s_walker

Hmm.. Yes, yours is displaying properly. Messed around a bit more, added another attribute and got the same issue. But it seems reinserting the block, then changing the scale and ATTSYNC again will fix it. This is so convoluted. I need to figure out how this starts in the first place. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report