Did you mean: 

Attributes not all moving together in dynamic block

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
agrimmRU4TK
465 Views, 9 Replies

Attributes not all moving together in dynamic block

In one of my visibility states I have a move feature for my attributes and all are moving but four of them seem to get out of sync (see pic below). i added the issue then the before view and the attributes list i tried locking g them and unlocking them also had the non changing attribute as a text or mtext still wouldn't work as needed. any help is apricated. Thanks

2022-01-10 10_20_29-Window.png

2022-01-10 10_20_15-Window.png

2022-01-10 10_46_04-Window.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Libbya
in reply to: agrimmRU4TK

Post the block.

Message 3 of 10
agrimmRU4TK
in reply to: Libbya

ok just did thanks

Message 4 of 10
Libbya

All the attributes with ?s are not moving because they are not added to the move action's selection set.  Once added, they move properly except for the two that have the same tag '?'.  Every attribute must have a unique tag.  Once the tags are edited to be unique, those also move correctly.  See screencast.

Message 5 of 10
agrimmRU4TK

Thank you very much, I'm learning a lot about the dynamic blocks and the attributes features, thanks again, cheers

Message 6 of 10
agrimmRU4TK

Thank you very much, I'm learning a lot about the dynamic blocks and the attributes features, thanks again, cheers

Message 7 of 10
agrimmRU4TK

Have a question on this dynamic block is it an option that is available for the below question.

Can an attribute be centered for each visibility state? One of the three states is off center and would like to center automatically.. like to get rid of the move option in the dynamic block, not sure is this possible?

Message 8 of 10
Libbya

If you don't want an attribute to be moved, then remove it from the move action's selection set.  If that doesn't answer your question, then give more details on exactly what you are looking for.  

Message 9 of 10
agrimmRU4TK

need the text/attribute to be centered at all times and like the centering to be automatic in any of the visibility states.

This picture below shows the mtext and attributes centered in first and last states listed.

2022-01-11 09_28_38-Window.png

In the picture below the text is not centered in this state [Inverter (DC disco only)] and I made it manually using the move command... I have been asked to make this automatic when choosing this state.

2022-01-11 09_29_02-Window.png

All the attributes and mtext are shared in each state so not sure how to make this centered in this state automatically when choosing this state "Inverter (DC disco only)."

Message 10 of 10
Libbya

There are various ways, but probably the simplest is to draw all the objects in that second state so that they are centered under the attributes the way you want them.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta