Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attributes' mirror, rotate or location incorrect on dynamic block after redefine.

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
KenWashburn
293 Views, 0 Replies

Attributes' mirror, rotate or location incorrect on dynamic block after redefine.

We have lots of dynamic blocks that represent different sized network racks/cabinets.  We insert these we can move, rotate, mirror, etc. as expected.  However, if one of these blocks gets redefined, then depending on whether or not any of it's dynamic parameters is different from the original, and it's orientation, the attributes are affected.  

If dynamic parameter is different, then horizontally mirrored (top to bottom using a horizontal line) blocks may have the location of an attribute affected.

If dynamic parameter is not changed, then horizontally mirrored blocks may have the location of a different attribute affected.

If dynamic parameter is different, then rotated and mirrored blocks may have the rotation/mirror of an attribute affected.

If dynamic parameter is not changed, then rotated and mirrored blocks may have the location of an attribute changed.

In the attached file, I've inserted ten blocks horizontally.  Then I mirrored those blocks below the original ten (using a horizontal line).  I changed dynamic parameter settings (using grips) on the first three blocks of each lineup.  Then, I rotated both lineups of blocks 90 degrees (on the left) so that the lines were vertical.  These blocks have a 3D element to them as well.  Using the visibility parameter, Future = a polyline representation of the rack, while any of the others = a mesh to represent the rack.  So, I made a few of these future by changing the visibility (and their layer).

Then I did a classic insert and redefined the block.

Labels (5)
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost