Area block with hatch

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
karpki
881 Views, 6 Replies

Area block with hatch

Hi

I need to make a dynamic block to use in new Area calculation project. See prototypes in the attachment.

Name of the area and meters should be attributes.

Block is with some exceptions - columns f.e. that's why meters in block MUST be calculated by hatch not polyline!

Problem that in case of using attribute hatch loose associativity - see the Area F with ATT (block 2 in test file)

All the other Areas show meters very good, but this is just a Field function inside the block - see Areas A, B, C, D, E (block 1) in different shapes

Is it possible to keep hatch associative and use attribute to show meters ?

And Regen command doesn' help  ( it is a most popular suggestion found for similar cases)

karpki_0-1616619076663.png

Regards and thank you for interest!

K

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
j.palmeL29YX
in reply to: karpki

Your block definition includes a non assoziative hatch. Delete it, create an assoziative hatch, repair the field and all will work as expected (I hope). 

>>video<<

(To update the field you must of course regen the drawing. In the video I forgot it) 

If my reply solves your problem, click the "accept as solution" button. This can help others find solutions faster

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
illusionistNUGXG

Hmmm, i tested it a bit (with AutoCAD Mechanical 2021).
First of all: The basics are all done right. (as far as i know)
You used closed polylines, with no "zero-lenght-lines" in it.
No elevation - everything is at z = 0.

I reassociated the hatch in block 2
(Create new boundary with association, moved the new boundary aside, reassigned the original polylines, un-assigned the new boundary, deleted the new boundary)
This way i didn't need to renew the field inside the ATT, because it was still the same hatch.
After this, i moved one of the edges (outside of the block editor), and it lost the associativity again.

It seems, that the combination of a field in an attribute creates a contradiction. Automatic calculation by field, or mauell input? You can't have both at the same time. (i guess)

What is your goal with block 2? Do you want the possibility to overwrite the field, or do you just want the input (Name) and the field inside one object?
Block 1 works perfectly, what is missing for your future projects?

(P.S. I like the style. Never saw a shapeshifting block like this before)

Message 4 of 7

@illusionistNUGXG wrote:

... i moved one of the edges (outside of the block editor), and it lost the associativity again.

Indeed, you're right. I tested only the Test Block (inside of the block editor), not in the drawing environment. My fault, sorry. 

Jürgen Palme
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
Jason.Piercey

Using the hatch object would certainly be the simpler solution but it appears buggy. Try the attached version using a formula that subtracts the area of the inner polylines from the outer polyline.

Message 6 of 7
karpki
in reply to: illusionistNUGXG

Hi,

The purpose is to get data from attributes to excel from all the blocks in drawing to one tab

kind of:

name1  /  area1 meters

name2  / area2 meters

name3 /  area3 meters

etc etc

Then it will be re-loaded to the reporting system

BR

K

Field data can not be extracted this way 

Message 7 of 7
karpki
in reply to: Jason.Piercey

Super!

It works

karpki_1-1616775373245.png

karpki_0-1616775354649.png

Report is with some bugs, but those can be fixed easily and different ways. The main issue is solved!

Thank you very much!

BR

K

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta