Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attributes in Dynamic Block display As ###

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
taylor.berryEFGTZ
242 Views, 5 Replies

Attributes in Dynamic Block display As ###

Some but not all of the attributes in a dynamic block I use for my work will often display as #### after sharing and downloading the drawing. This can be temporarily solved by running an ATTSYNC on the block to get the attributes to display their true value, but if this new file is then uploaded or sent, upon its download it will once again display ####. Any ideas as to what might be causing this?

taylorberryEFGTZ_0-1715209162620.png

After ATTSYNC

taylorberryEFGTZ_1-1715209212541.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Ed.Jobe
in reply to: taylor.berryEFGTZ

It sounds like you have a field in the attribute. Post your block so we can have a look. You don't have to post your whole drawing. Just start a new dwg and insert the block.

Ed

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.
How to post your code.

EESignature

Message 3 of 6

Here is the block. 

Message 4 of 6
Libbya
in reply to: taylor.berryEFGTZ

Works fine for me.  Displays the fields as it should.

Message 5 of 6

It is not constant, sometimes it works fine, and other times it only happens to 20% of the blocks in the dwg. But if someone has any idea why it might happen that would be really helpful.

Message 6 of 6

It appears your fields are showing null (no value). Either there is no value in the field they are referencing, or they are not refreshing properly. For example, if I had a field referencing a sheet set value but my drawing was not part of a sheet set, the field would show ####.

Check your system variable FIELDEVAL and set it to evaluate on open, save, plot, and regen.

https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2022/ENU/index.html?guid=GUID-EF5D2DDE-A170-4BB4-8F76-7F3FAFE30E5...

Possibly Etransmit too, if you do that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost