Attributed text in a dynamic block

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
simon.connellRBKGZ
666 Views, 10 Replies

Attributed text in a dynamic block

Hi People,

I am working on a dynamic block for work.

It is a for a continuation line for civil drawings. 

Basically is a line that rotates and lengthens equally in each direction from the mid point. Above or below is "FOR CONTINUATION SEE DRAWING XXX"

I have setup a diesel code the replace the "DRAWING" with the first 9 numbers from the drawing number. 

My problem is I want the "XXX" to be entered manually. 

I can't work out how to make that happen and keep all the other function of the block working how I need.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Simon

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: simon.connellRBKGZ

Hi,

Could you post your dynamic block so we can see what we're working with?

Oli

Message 3 of 11
ToanDN

Not sure if I understand your question correctly but I had no problems trying something similar.  See the attached file.  I only introduced the Rotate param and action but it should work with linear stretch as well.

Toan Nguyen
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 11
simon.connellRBKGZ
in reply to: ToanDN

Wow that was quick.

I will post the actual block on monday when I get back into work. You are pretty much on the right path. One thing that I forgot to mention and I think it's one of the things that makes the block difficult, is that is needs to have a background mask on the text too.

Or maybe I just don't have any idea when it comes to dynamic blocks ha, probably.

Message 5 of 11

Ok here is my continuation line block, as you can see it's still being constructed. I want to have a couple of visibility states with different colour text and slightly different wording, for different client specifications.

I am very  new to dynamic blocks so if you can give any advice on how I could have set it up better, any help will be appreciated. Thanks

Message 6 of 11
ToanDN

See attached revised block.

Capture.PNG

Toan Nguyen
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 11
Libbya

I find the rotate combined with bi-directional stretch to have an irritating functionality when used.  Much more user-friendly is a polar stretch grip at each end along with a move grip in the middle.  See the attached block.  It allows quick placement of the two endpoints and the text is automatically placed in the middle.  

Message 8 of 11
simon.connellRBKGZ
in reply to: Libbya

I tried it, I like to position the block in the centre of a road or pathway, I find it easier to align by rotating it around the mid point. 

Thanks for inputting though, it's a great way to see different ideas of how people do things.

With the flip that the text has. Do you know of a way to make it offset a distance from the line. When it is "above" the line it has an offset but when it's flipped below it is sitting right on the line.

Also, can the attributed text at the end have a mask? I can make the continuation part but not sure how to do it to the attributed part.

Thanks

Message 9 of 11
simon.connellRBKGZ

Thanks, it's so close to being exactly what I am after, if you have time, I replied to the post below with 2 last key points.

Message 10 of 11
ToanDN

Please have the revised file.  I think the flip is working as you described.  The attribute cannot have a gray background because it is not a Field.

Toan Nguyen

EESignature

Message 11 of 11
Kyle.Pederson

Could someone help me modify this block with a few minor changes?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost