Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute displaying value of parameter

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Amy.taylor
1293 Views, 2 Replies

Attribute displaying value of parameter

Block is designed to display varying depths with their value in text. 
It is my hope to use data extraction with Excel to input/update the inserted blocks with values if possible so I can import data from another source, I just wanted to get the block working as a standalone in the first instance.

The actual distance in block/model space is x100 the value it represents. 
I have set up constraints, user parameters, geometric parameters and attributes, but I cannot get the attributes (or Mtext with field) to display the correct values.
If I try to add using Block placeholder it will display "UserVariable"
If I try to use object>value it only displays "XXXX".

I feel like this should be possible, and I've tried changing different elements but nothing has worked for me yet, I'm sure I'm just overlooking an minor thing somewhere.

Any help or advice or suggestions on how to resolve this to achieve the output would be much appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Amy.taylor
in reply to: Amy.taylor

I searched and scoured both google and in the forums for answers to this issue, it was only after posting I scrolled down the board and found this recent reply. I think I may have found an answer which I will explore and report back on.

Set the parameters you want to link so that 'show properties'=yes so they show up in the field dialog

display-linear-parameter-as-text-within-dynamic-block-appearing/m-p/9163407/highlight/true#M32163 

Message 3 of 3
Amy.taylor
in reply to: Amy.taylor

Just to confirm that when I changed "Show Properties=Yes" I could use the parameter in the attribute field for blockplaceholder. 

Edit to add: Credit to Libbya

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report