Community
Dynamic Blocks Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attribute containing field values of other Attributes gets broken when Redefining the Block (###)

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
e3do
337 Views, 0 Replies

Attribute containing field values of other Attributes gets broken when Redefining the Block (###)

Hello Libbya and anyone else who may be able to help.

I have a situation of attributes having fields connected to other attributes in a dynamic block.

If the block is redefined, the fields get stripped of their values and just become #### characters. In the past, I was able to get around this by "re-charging" the block before adding it to a dedicated Tool Palette. What the "re-charging" means is that after inserting the block (using the Insert command), the Field values would then be redefined by going into Block Editor and choosing "Edit Field...". There is an image attached that shows this process. After redefining the block and saving the drawing, the block would be dragged onto the Tool Palette. This proved to be effective. If it were not done in this manner, the block would come in with #### characters instead of the proper values for the fields. The (2) Fields in question are:

• Room# (linked to an attribute in the block)
  • Group# (linked to an attribute in the block)

The resulting string would be Room#-Group#-Wire Number. This works, however if the block needs to be redefined, the fields get ruined (see screenshot).

Can you possibly explain what I might be doing wrong?

I have uploaded the drawing and screenshots. Thanks for your help.

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Customer Advisory Groups

”Boost